The Rural Communities Foundation of Nova Scotia (RCF)
- is a community foundation that supports community organizations in rural Nova Scotia, through grantmaking, convening and capacity-building
- has a proven track record, with more than 15 years of developing and delivering small grant programs
- has dedicated board members from all regions of the province who have a wealth of experience about community development in rural Nova Scotia
- is a registered charity
- adheres to the highest standards of transparency and accountability in its financial management
- is a member of the Community Foundations of Canada
- has been widely recognized for its excellence and leadership in the field of rural grantmaking
To build on the strengths of Nova Scotia’s rural communities by stimulating and establishing philanthropic giving, to develop a permanent endowment and to grant funds.
Nova Scotia’s rural communities are dynamic, healthy and prosperous!
We believe in the inherent value of rural communities and the important contribution they make to our province.
We believe in being accountable to donors, grantees and communities.
We believe that leadership and innovation are integral parts of community vitality.
A Defining Statement
The Rural Communities Foundation of Nova Scotia supports community based initiatives which:
Seek to improve understanding of issues facing rural and coastal communities in Nova Scotia
Offer solutions to problems and challenges of rural and coastal Nova Scotia
Create an environment that enhances and sustains rural and coastal Nova Scotia